Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday Music: Smog



At about my sixth chemo, I discovered that Bill Callahan, the artist also known by the name Smog,was coming to Chicago. I purchased a ticket without a second thought. The night of the concert, realizing that I was in no shape to make it through a show, I stayed home. As I lay down in my bed at eight or nine in the evening, I felt pretty blue, like I missed senior prom, Oberammergau and Halley's comet all at once.

Tonight's selection is from Smog's 2003 album Supper. You can ignore the visuals, because the story is all in Callahan's lyrics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like Halley's comet is coming around sooner than expected: Bill Callahan is playing for free at noon on Monday July 28 at Millennium Park.

http://www.millenniumpark.org/parkevents/eventpopup.aspx?eventId=732

The Fifty Foot Blogger said...

Thanks, Mike! I'm definitely blocking a long lunch on my schedule that day.