Friday, August 17, 2007

Hot Priest Calendar Casting Call


Calendario Romano is now accepting applicants for its 2009 calendar! So, if you know any hot priests...nah, me neither.

That's because we do not live in the land of hot priests, otherwise known as Rome. When visiting there recently, we not only noted that the cappuccinos were tastier, but so were the clerics. Perhaps it's the proximity to the political center of the Catholic Church, the Vatican. Or, perhaps it's the proximity to an already attractive gene pool. Whatever the reason, priests in Rome are HOT.

Apparently I'm not the only one who has noticed this phenomenon. Thus the creation of the Calendario Romano, twelve months of luscious Our Fathers padded out with fascinating facts about the Vatican, like license plate colors, and the location of the official Vatican pharmacy.

I stumbled on the 2007 calendar at 3 am, in a bookstore on Via Cavour. We had been up most of the night enjoying a 24-hour street festival, tripping over empty Becks bottles, and shopping at the Euro store ("Tutto un Euro!") with scores of fellow bargain hunters, many of whom were cranked out of their skulls on more than just beer. After buying flip flops, remaindered German face cream, a pink bunny sponge, and a guitar-shaped thermometer (that was fun to pack), we still had several Euros burning holes in our fanny packs. Joking--I would never be caught dead wearing a fanny pack. We walked into the neighboring bookstore, and there he was: Father What-A-Waste.

Enjoy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forgive me Father, for I want to sin...

The Fifty Foot Blogger said...

I'd say "get thee to a nunnery," but I know you don't play on that team.

Anonymous said...

I used to say I was a lapsed Catholic .... well hallujah and three hail marys, I'm lapsed no more!

The Fifty Foot Blogger said...

Yes, if I lived in Rome, I would attend mass regularly.

JoeSoundtrack said...

Italians have an unfair advantage in the looks department: Romans wrote the book on beauty and we all have to read it.